Breathing incident at Victorian aquatic centre

    126
    0

    At least five people are experiencing breathing difficulties after a reported chlorine leak inside an aquatic centre in a popular Victorian beach town. An air ambulance and road ambulances were dispatched to Apollo Bay Aquatic and Leisure Centre after paramedics first received reports of a chlorine leak at about 10.50am on Saturday.

    Breathing

    “It appears there were multiple people who were inside the building at the time who will be assessed,” Ambulance Victoria said in a statement. “At this stage, it appears there are at least five people who are experiencing breathing difficulties and are in need of treatment.” Country Fire Authority issued an alert about a “chemical hazard” and also confirmed a leak at the Costin Street aquatic centre. CFA warned there was “no threat to the community”, but urged people in the area to keep roads clear for emergency crews. Apollo Bay Aquatic and Leisure Centre has been contacted. More to come.

    anthony.piovesan@news.com.au

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here